Patricia Guerrero, MD, FACC
Board Certified in Cardiovascular Disease, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, Nuclear Cardiology, and Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- Director, Women and Cardiovascular
- Speaks English and Spanish
- Advisor, Florida Health Coalition
- Arrhythmia Specialists
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
- Women's Heart Disease
Dr. Guerrero was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. She joined Florida Heart Group in 2002 after moving from Columbia, Missouri where she was an Associate with Missouri Cardiovascular Specialists.
She received her Medical Degree from the University of Cartagena, School of Medicine, Colombia, South America, where she completed a 6 1/2 - year medical school curriculum and a one-year rotary internship. She received her post-graduate education at Michigan State University School of Medicine, East Lansing, MI where she completed a residency in Internal Medicine. She then became Chief Internal Medicine Resident at the University of Missouri in Columbia, MO.
She completed clinical and research fellowships in Cardiovascular Diseases and Electrophysiology at Washington University, School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO. She has written several publications and abstracts and has received many honors and awards for her work.
Her main clinical interests are the evaluation of patients with arrhythmias and prevention of cardiovascular disease. She is a national speaker For Awareness of Women and Heart Disease.
Her principal research interests include Device Therapy for the Management of Heart Failure and the use of Novel Agents for Arrhythmias Management.
Hobbies: Hiking, Cycling, Reading, Gardening
- Board Certified, Nuclear Cardiology and Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- Fellowship, Cardiovascular Diseases and Electrophysiology, Washington University, School of Medicine, Barnes Hospital; Saint Louis, MO
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Michigan State University; East Lansing, MI
- Medical School, University of Cartagena, School of Medicine, Colombia, South America
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Member, American College of Physicians
- Member, Heart Rhythm Society
- Member, European Society of Cardiology
- University of Cartagena-Second Ranked in graduating class
- Sparrow Hospital/Michigan State University-Outstanding Internal Medicine Resident Award
- Bernard H Smookler Endowment Award
- National Vignette Award-American College of Physicians
- Individual National Research Service Award
- American Heart Association Fellowship Award-AHA Missouri Chapter Genentech/American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology Award
1613 North Mills Avenue
Orlando, Florida 32803
Phone: 407.894.4474 OR 800.28.HEART (800.284.3278)
Administrative Fax: 407.894.7136
Medical Records Fax: 407.894.7032